Diwali the festival of lights, is one of the famous celebrations in the list of Festivals especially in India, the event is well organized and enjoyed by n number of Hindu religion followers around the world for 5 Days, the festival is celebrated because on this day people addressed the defeat of evil over good.
Diwali is celebrated each year at some point during mid-October to mid-November in many countries like India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Nepal, or wherever the Indian culture is being flourished within the world.
What do people do on Diwali?
Diwali is the day experienced as a special as well as important Holiday of the year same as Eid and Christmas. This festival has more than one meanings especially for Hindus, and with several ways of celebration, some of the best ways to celebrate this festival are as follows:
- The Day one out of five also reckoned as the thirteenth day from Full Moon (Poornima) the day is best known as Dhantrayodashi or Dhanteras. On this particular day, individuals buy new products, for example, Automobile, Electronics, utensils or the best investment is on gold and jewelry. On this day families lit up maximum 13 diya’s (oil lamps).
- The second day of celebration out of five is reckoned as the fourteenth day or also as Chhoti Diwali or Narak Chaturdashi. The followers of Hindu religion believe that on this particular day Lord Krishna destroyed the devil Narkasur.
- The third day out of the five days, is the actual day when the auspicious day is celebrated by offering traditional prayers and enchantment of mantras for goddess Lakshmi, this is the most significant day for Hindu’s, this day is specially devoted to goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha, as it is said that on this particular day people ask for peace and prosperity in every individual’s life.
- After offering prayer people enjoy firing crackers and lighting up diya’s as well as sharing gifts and sweets with their neighbors.
- The fourth day is reckoned as the bright fortnight of Kartik, on this particular day, it is said that Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Parvat to defend Gokul people from Indra’s wrath.
- The fifth and the final day is considered as Bhai Dooj/ Shaiya Dooj. On this final day of Diwali Celebration, brothers and sisters renew sibling love with their sisters applying the red sacred tilak on their brother’s forehead and sisters also pray for their brother’s long life, and brothers in return present their sister’s interesting gifts of love.
Also Read: History of Diwali
What should one buy on Dhanteras?
Dhanteras is celebrated on the first day of Diwali, in this Dhan means wealth and Teras mean thirteen, dhanteras is celebrated. On this day people buy gold and silver ornaments and new utensils, as it is believed that it brings good luck to their life.
Everyone buy something on this day, a huge rush in the jewelry shop and utensils shop we can see, it seems like that everyone is things free. Some people buy jewelry and some buy utensil and in the evening goddess, Laxmi Ji worshipped, these utensils and jewelry are also worshipped then diyas are lit everywhere in the house. Some people also make rangoli outside their home to welcome Goddess Lakshmi Ji.
The tradition of purchasing a new utensil and gold and silver things is normal. Usually, people buy utensils who belong to the middle-class family as they cannot afford expensive gold and silver items and those who are able to buy expensive gold and silver things they buy jewelry, gold and silver coins. for those who are confused about what to buy on dhanteras then we are giving you some ideas that you can prefer.
- Gold and silver coins.
One could buy gold coins and silver coins. These coins are inscribed with the images of Goddess Lakshmi Ji and Lord Ganesh Ji. If you can’t buy gold coin then you can silver coins as these are not so expensive.
- Silver deities of Ganesh Ji and Lakshmi Ji
This beautiful pair of is so adorable, these are made up of silver, you can choose the best one for you, as these come in different sizes.
The cheapest thing you can buy on this day is utensils, though in today world nothing is cheap, in comparison to jewelry you can buy any utensil that you want in your kitchen.
- Gold Necklace
If you were thinking from a long time of buying the necklace for you then you can’t get better day then this. In order to follow the tradition and also to fulfill your wish, you can buy a gold necklace.
- Aarti plate
You can also purchase arti plate on this day. These plates come in different variety like gold, silver, platinum, stainless steel, brass so you have many options, now you can buy any of this arti plate according to your budget.
So, guys, we have given you advice what one should buy on dhanteras, now you can choose any of these and we hope that this dhanteras, Lakshmi Ji will bring more wealth in your houses.
The above were some basic updates on how to enjoy the festival of light, also known as Diwali, we’ll be back with brief notes, so stay tuned and please offer your comments if you need any kind of assistance or if you want to suggest some interesting topics for this Diwali celebration we’ll definitely help you out to make this Diwali celebration more effective and happy for you. If you want more information related to Diwali 2018 like Diwali wallpapers, Diwali SMS and wishes 2018 then you can visit our website.